Ani Difranco

Haven't heard of her? Well listen up.

Ani Difranco is a bisexual feminist icon and folk rock singer/ song writer. She made numerous contributions to the feminist movement and on July 21, 2006, DiFranco received the "Woman of Courage Award" at the National Organization for Women Conference and Young Feminist Summit in New York.

She blew me away with her song 'Swim' live from Paris. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9vfsj3SaTk and Little Plastic Castle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm2zdnuiRoQ

Her music brings you back to what real substance music is. Amazing thing about Ani is that she created her own label after her long struggle trying to get signed, then once she blew up she rejected the major labels who wanted her now and stayed with her own lable to be genuin to her music and morals. Keep doin what your doin Ani ;)

2 comments:

  1. Well Ani DiFranco change all my perspective towards life. I ad most of those feelings wu
    ith me but just could't reach'em....hope one day I will have the chance to retrieve as much she gave me.

    Thanks Ani.....you are definetely gifted

    ReplyDelete